If you would like to print your own images, send us your artwork and we will make you a custom screen! If you are uploading images, please order custom screens one at a time as each image needs an individual upload 'box'.
What size do I need?
Measure your image(s) to determine which size(s) to order.
|Image size ||Screen size |
|up to 6cm x 10cm ||Mini |
|up to 9cm x 18cm ||Small |
|up to 17cm x 24cm ||Medium |
|up to 25cm x 36cm ||Large |
Frame or no frame?
Framed screens are easier to use and are the most popular choice. However, you can buy unframed imaged mesh if you have old frames you would like to reuse or if you prefer to add a soft frame of duck tape (useful if you are printing onto irregular surfaces). Please note it is not possible to supply blank mesh - nothing can pass through the mesh unless an image has been burned onto it.
- Images must be black and white (without shades of grey).
- Images must be positive ie the black lines / marks / text on your image are the parts that will print.
- Please note that images with large areas of SOLID BLACK are not suitable for thermofax screens.
- Digital images should be high resolution - ideally 300dpi. Our preferred formats are PDF and JPEG. Please avoid using the following formats - .doc and .docx (Word documents), .png and .pages as they do not always 'travel' well. Sometimes we can't open files in these formats but even if we can the images or text may look different on our screens to original design.
- If you wish your image to print at a certain size and are not sure if your image is correct, please crop tightly to the positive image before sending so that we can assess/adjust the size if necessary.
- If you prefer to post your image(s) to us, they should be sent as photocopies (please do not send original artwork).
- We can take a look at your image(s) before you order - see Contact Us for further details. We will email you to let you know if it is suitable and suggest minor changes if necessary.
- Copyright - if you wish to use artwork that is not your own, please make sure that it is copyright free or that you have permission to use it.
- Further information about suitable imagery can be found in Thermo-FAQs.
We stock lightweight squeegees that are perfectly sized to use with thermofax screens.
Screen printing inks
Our Screen printing inks are perfect for using with thermofax screens for printing on textiles and paper. The inks are water-based, non-toxic and very easy to use.
Surprise your friends and loved ones with Thermofax Screens gift vouchers.